This painting by Pete Lapish shows the Gaiety Kinema on Roundhay Road, advertising the film "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof". A Horsfield tram is passing by on route 3 to Roundhay. The cinema, situated at the junction with Gathorne Terrace, opened on 6th July 1921 and closed on 22nd February 1958.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.