1921. Image shows the Summer Surveying School class of 1921, seated in a charabanc on the occasion of a class outing. Members of the class can also be seen in image 2007328_163150. The Secondary & Technical School was opened in 1909 on 4 acres of land beteween Fountain Street and Scatcherd Lane in Morley. It was renamed Morley Grammar School in 1930, and became Morley Academy in 2011.