Painting by Pete Lapish showing John Dyson & Sons, jewellers and watchmakers, on Lower Briggate, home to the famous "Dyson's Clock", a popular meeting place for many over the years. The business had been established on Call Lane in 1865 and moved to Briggate around 1872; it was to continue in these premises until 1990. The Time Ball Buildings, as they had become known, have since been transformed into a restaurant but the two clocks remain, along with many other architectural features of the Grade II listed building.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.