Undated, c1920s. Image shows the Spitalfield Tavern, at number 73 Richmond Street, on the north side of the street, and opposite the junction with Ellarby Road. The sign on the front gives the licensee as Edgar Rowland Fisher, who was there from 1916 to the mid 1930s. On the far left of the image, the premises of William Hillyard, undertaker, at number 71, are just visible. The buildings in the area were demolished from the late 1930s onwards, and by 1960 the Saxton Gardens flats had been built on the site.