View shows a display of flowers in Coronation House at Roundhay Park. This glass conservatory opened in 1911 in the Coronation Gardens, built on the site of an earlier conservatory. It was rebuilt in 1939 and then again in the 1980s when it became part of the Tropical World attraction, which has recently (2017) reopened following a further facelift. This image was digitised as part of the ‘Future Prospects of Urban Parks’ project, conducted by the University of Leeds in partnership with Leeds City Council, supported by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (grant number: AH/N001788/1).
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.