Undated. Image shows the Pavilion Picture House at the junction of Town Street and Leeds & Bradford Road, Stanningley, looking east. The cinema opened on 28th February 1920, showing "Daddy Longlegs" with Mary Pickford, and closed on 5th April 1970, showing "Invitation to a Gunfighter". Posters on the building are advertising "Rivers End", a 1920s silent Western film. It was also known for a time as Clifton Cinema. The premises were then used for bingo, before becoming vacant, and being converted to offices in around 2005.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.