c1910. Image shows the shop front of the Canterbury Chilled Meat Company at 295 Kirkstall Road. The shopkeeper is standing outside with two boys. All are wearing butchers aprons. The shop traded as Canterbury Chilled Meat from 1907 to 1914, when it became Albert Brook, butcher, and continued as such until at least into the 1960s. The shop was on the edge of the Cardigan estate, between Cardigan Crescent & Cardigan Row, and the area is now Kirkstall Industrial Park.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.