Undated, possibly late 1940s.
View of Bradford Road showing the Bay Horse Inn on the right, believed to be the oldest surviving public house in East Ardsley. According to 19th century village historian John Batty, it dates from 1743. After the junction with Thorpe Road is Bradford Road School, East Ardsley's first Board School, built in 1874 on the site of a former parochial school. The Bay Horse still stands today (2018), having been renovated and extended, but the school is long gone. Photograph from the David Atkinson Archive.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.