View of Chapel Allerton Methodist Church on Harrogate Road, looking from the junction with Stainbeck Lane. Built in an Early English style at a cost of £12,000, the foundation stone was laid on 26th May 1874. The church opened in 1877 with space to accommodate 1000 people. It has since been demolished, the last service having been held in November 1981.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.