c1940. View shows Ineson's drapery and hosiery shop, at 27 Commercial Street, near the junction with Marsh Street. The shop also housed the Post Office, and Charles Ineson was sub-postmaster until his death in 1910, after which his son James took over, and with wife Annie continued the drapery business util around 1947. The Post office moved to the opposite side of the road in 1916, but the old post box can still be seen here, on the far left side of the building.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.