Undated. Architect's drawing for the planned building of Rothwell Workhouse, to the south of Wood Lane. It was built in 1900, and opened in 1903. In the 1930s the workhouse became St George's Hospital, which finally closed in 1991. The area is now a modern housing estate, although the distinctive central tower, visible in the drawing here, still remains.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.