1970s. View shows a work party in front of the derelict south face of Rothwell Manor House, prior to demolition in 1977, due to it becoming structurally unsafe. The 16th century west wing, with timber frame dating to 1487, can be seen on the left, and the 18th century brick built east wing is partially visible on the right. After demolition the timbers from the frame were dismantled and recorder by West Yorkshire Archaeological Service and put into storage.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.