View shows Sissons Farm off Thorpe Lane, which was the last surviving farm in an area once dominated by farmland. The farm has been here since at least 1788 when Charles Gunman leased it to William Wigglesworth. Other owners or occupiers over the years have included Jarvis Payne, Samuel Spence, John Spence, Rev. Charles Jervaus and Charles Sadler. From 1964, this mainly dairy farm was occupied and worked by Cyril Stanley.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.