c1905. Image shows the Jaw Bones at the junction of Wood Lane and Wakefield Road in use as a lamp standard, and sited across the footpath. The jaw bones were moved into this position in 1904. The lamplighter can be seen with a long pole, at the top of which was a brass tube holding a lighted candle, used to light the gas lamps.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.