View shows the Clothworkers' Court situated on University Road. Designed by Alfred Waterhouse and completed in 1879, it is one of the oldest buildings of Leeds University. It originally housed the Textile Industries Department of the Yorkshire College, the forerunner of the university, and was paid for by the Worshipful Company of Clothworkers, who were concerned about the lack of scientific and technical education in this country, compared to that of their competitors on the continent.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.