1930. Aerial view, looking south, of part of the newly built Rothwell Urban District Council sewage treatment works, on Fleet Lane. The engineers are listed as Wilcocks & Raikes of Birmingham, and the contactors as Provincial Construction of Sunderland. The works were opened on 10th September 1930 by Rothwell MP William Lunn, and replaces an earlier works built in 1895 on the other side of the London, Midland & Scotland Railway, seen here in the bottom left of the picture. The managers house can be seen on the right, and beyond it is Water Haigh Farm.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.