Undated. Image shows the yard at the entrance to the corn mill, looking south towards the Mill Hill area. To the right can be seen the footbridge over the outflow from the weir upstream on Rothwell Beck, now knows as Oulton Beck. the mill was medievalor older in origin, and was referred to in a 1341 survey of the area. It was demolished in 1967 and the area redeveloped. The location is now Church Street car park, and the area of the mill pond and dam is now Rothwell Pastures Nature Reserve, managed by Yorkshire Wildlife Trust.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.