1925. Image shows a Senior group outside Macaulay Hall, on the Beckett Park campus of leed City Training College. Names of some of those pictured are: Miss W Fitton, Miss Rukin, Miss Reid (matron), Miss Grey, Miss Wood, Miss Parker, and Miss McUttie.
City of Leeds Training College was opened in 1913 on the grounds of the former Kirkstall Grange Estate, sold by the Beckett family in 1908 to Leeds City Council. Used as a military hospital in WW1 and WW2, it merged with Carnegie College of P.E. in 1968. It became Leeds Polytechnic in 1976, then Leeds Metropolitan University in 1992 and Leeds Beckett University in 2014.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.