16th February 1949.
View of Hartley Hill from North Street. The building on the right seen from the side is the Leeds Public Dispensary. Bischoff House is the premises of Arthur English Ltd, Electrical Contractors. The lower building line obscured by additional shop fronts. At number 51-55 North Street is Arthur Cook, house furnisher, at 55a is Alfred Wolfe hairdresser, then at 55b Harry and Walter Bateson confectioners, followed by 55d, Brunswick motors. Bischoff House, formerly Sheepscar Hall was believed to have been designed by William Etty for Nathaniel Denison c1692. It appears on the Cossins' map of Leeds dated 1725. The house was demolished c1968.