14th March 1944. Image shows the Round House, or Sugarwell Hill Mill, which stands at the top of Sugarwell Hill on the south side of Potternewton Mount. It dates from 1789 and is mentioned in a lease between the landowner, the Earl of Mexborough, and Peter Garforth and William Burrows as a "windmill lately built, Scott Hall Gate Close, (in possession of Joseph Ingle) and newly erected dwelling place." The windmill became disused and was converted to a private dwelling by the late nineteenth century. In the 1880s it was occupied by David Lee, Market Gardener and called Windmill House. The windmill is built on four storeys and is Grade II listed.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.