1902. Image shows shops which include the Sixpence Halfpenny Bazaar (probably the equivalent of today's pound shops!), Wright's Eureka Gas Cookers (as supplied on hire by Leeds Corporation Gas Department), J.W. Bean and Son, Booksellers (number 149 Briggate) and Sillers Mailcarts (at number 150 - Mrs. E. Siller was also a dealer in perambulators - 1899 Directory of Leeds). Large advertising on the corner is for The Empire Theatre's twice nightly performances, Hilton's Pianos of 84 Briggate and 186 Hunslet Road and "The most delicious sauce in the world, Yorkshire Relish". Turning the corner onto Duncan Street, right, there is pork butcher, William Wragg's Original City Pork Shop. Photograph by Wormald of Leeds.