5th March 1951.
A block of shops at the corner of Belle Isle Road and Moor Road containing Gallons Ltd., a greengrocers, Andersons Newsagent and Stationers, R. H. Price Butchers and E. H. Batty's fruit and vegetables. The last shop in the row is empty. A car and trailer are parked in front of the shops. The foreground is taken up with the road, which has tram lines and a traffic island. There is a pedestrian crossing and Belisha beacon. An iron post carries an electric cable and a suspended street light. Just visible on the left of the picture is the Co-operative Wholesale Society Brush Factory.