4th July 1949.
View from Gledhow Road (foreground)to Bayswater Avenue,a street of red brick-built, back-to-back terraced homes. Standing at the junction are numbers 18 (right) and 20 (left) Gledhow Road, the premises of Woodcock & Co., grocers. The shop has two awnings and a sign saying 'Bonus, 1/- in the pound, paid quarterly'. The junction on the left, adjacent to number 20, is Bayswater Road, which eventually joins Roundhay road. The gable end seen at the left edge is occupied by back-to-back houses addressed as number 22 Gledhow Road, left, and number 1 Arundel Street. The Arundels are a series of back-to-back streets off Bayswater Road. Bayswter Avenue runs to the junction with Roseville Road.