25th June 1952. iew shows Austhorpe Lane rising from the right to the left of the photograph. The lane is bordered by high earth verges covered in grass and shrubs. A woman dressed in long overcoat and gloves can be seen looking up the hill. Behind the right hand verge are the fronts of a row of semi-detached houses with bay windows and porches. A garden wall and fence are to the right, a tree and telegraph pole to the left.