Undated. Remains of Scott Hall Windmill, situated off Buslingthorpe Lane near the bottom of Scott Hall Road, at a spot which is now just down from the south west corner of Prince Philip Playing Fields. This was one of a pair built in the 18th century along with Sugarwell Hill Windmill off Potternewton Mount. This windmill was built in 1776 and demolished in the 1938 but the other was converted into a dwelling and is known as the Round House.
Photograph by Alf Mattison. The photographer Alfred Mattison was born in Hunslet in 1868. His passion for local history led to lecturing, photography and writing. In 1908 he wrote "The Romance of Old Leeds" based on his articles and photos for the Yorkshire Daily Observer. He died following a street accident in Leeds in Sept 1944.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.