15th August 1935. Harrogate Road at the junction with Short Lane. Here is a row of stone built shops with slate roofs. On the corner is W.Barker, Family grocers, Est 1844. Next is J.E.Bolton, Hairdresser. In the window of this shop there are advertisments for St.Bruno and Redbreast Flake, pipe tobaccos. A gas streetlamp stands on the pavement and a trademans bike leans against the wall.